Covid-19, or the coronavirus, started in late 2019, and now is declared as a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). With more and more theories on why this world-wide panic occurred, people all around the world are becoming frightfully alarmed. Yet, before this global terror falls into more chaos, we need to think about what we could do before the next time such a thing happens. What could we do to prevent it? How do we get prepared for the next occurrence?
• Call for Submissions: March 27th - May 1st (15:00)
• 2nd Round Shortlist Announcement: May 15th
B. Matters regarding Submission and Registration
• Find the registration form on the English Dept. website
1. A4 (margins: 1-inch=2.54cm)
2. 1.5 spacing, font 12, Times New Roman
3. Words limitation: 600-800 words
• Please include the title
• The contestants are divided into two groups, non-native speakers and native speakers. Those who have lived in English-speaking countries for more than 3 years will be evaluated as native speakers.
• Please submit two electronic files to email@example.com in a WORD file and a PDF file respectively. (file name: 2020 輔仁盃英文寫作比賽_department & grade_name_student number_title)
• Please also submit a hardcopy to the English Dept. office (LA303).
• Both electronic files and the hardcopy must be submitted before 15:00 on May 1st.
• The registration form must be attached to the front page of each work.
• Submissions with wrong formats will not be accepted.
• Multiple submissions by the same person will result in disqualification.
• Any disclosure of personal identity in the essay is not allowed.
• Unless the submission dates are modified by the English Dept., no late submissions will be accepted.