Application Method of
Fu Jen University Scholarships for International Students
Article 1 The Application Method of the Fu Jen University Scholarship for International Students (hereafter referred to as the Scholarship) is established in accord with the “Memorandum on Subsidy of Scholarships for International Students Studying at Mandarin Language Centers Affiliated to Universities and Colleges.” The Scholarship is established to encourage outstanding international students to study in Taiwan.
Article 2 The amount of the Scholarship is NTD50,000 for each recipient.
Article 3 Quota
1. The quota of the Scholarship shall be decided by the amount subsidized by the MOE. Pending on the surplus of the subsidy received, scholarship for one more student may be granted.
2. The number of recipients for each college within the university shall be decided by the ratio of international students in each college.
Article 4 Qualification:
1. Applicants should have the identity of an international student (overseas Chinese students and exchange students are excluded) and are eligible to apply the scholarship from or after the spring semester of the freshman year.
2. Applicants must have an academic record of a grade point of at least 75 (with at least 4 credits per semester) for graduate students and a grade point of at least 70 (with at least 6 credits per semester) for undergraduates. They also have to have a scoring of at least 80 in Conduct.
3. Applicants have to attend classes regularly. (Leave and skippings should not exceed more than 1/5 of the total class hours.)
4. Applicants should not receive other scholarships.
Article 5 Documents required for application:
1. Application form (as attached)
2. Official transcript of the academic record
3. Copy of the passport
4. Recommendation Letters (no regulated format)
Article 6 Application Time:
Applicants should prepare all the required documents and hand them to the Secretariat of each college in mid-September for the fall semester and mid-March for the spring semester.
Article 7 Evaluation and approval of Scholarship
1. A Selection Committee for the Scholarship will be formed in each college. The Committee shall select the most outstanding students and decide on a priority list of the candidates of scholarship recipients according to the quota assigned.
2. In order that there should be an equal distribution among different nations, number of recipients from the same country shall not exceed 1/3 of the total number of recipients.
3. The Division of Student Guidance, Office of Student Affairs will compile the priority list from all colleges and submit the final list to the Dean of Student Affairs for approval.
Article 8 To take effect, this Method must be approved by the Dean of Student Affairs. Amendments shall be approved in the same fashion.